Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Web 2.0 Learning Curve Revisited

My very first blog posted this picture:

In Blog 1, I admitted to being clueless.  I predicted I would achieve "Naively Confident" by the course's close.  So where am I five week's later?

I think I skipped the whole confident part and jumped right to "Discouragingly Realistic."   I now know about various Web 2.0 tools and have preferences, for which I am extremely grateful. I have opinions about what makes a good blog post, community post, and tweet, although I certainly couldn't teach "best practices."  I have learned what I like and don't like.  I have learned the value of collective knowledge and respect it most highly.

But what I have not conquered is how to juggle all the social media I want to follow.  I utilize Hootsuite, so that helps.  But where is the time?

I think my personality just doesn't lend itself to massive time on computer unless I need to be here for an assignment.  I have never been one to randomly search the web, view videos, or waste hours on Facebook.  I'd rather be running, biking, cooking, playing with my son, reading... just about anything.  Which is funny because I do so much on the computer.

So what have I learned about myself in this Web 2.0 excursion?  I love the possibilities.  I have direction.  Now I need to train myself to integrate it into my daily routine, like I yoga every morning. If only Web 2.0 could make me skinny as well as worldly.

Image Link: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj3YQQsaDSob9iqxpm_TwlRYtxz3g7fe3GUHT3ZLS5vJm-EpWC358EoR2vSJa90qAuJszVLoUgoaBqJKoTP6I8EEq644c8DOv2o3wRJAKvYjZmcESdcip_L7Pqn1CuzDZibq0AN3eu8NMKE/s1600/Learning-Curve.png

1 comment:

  1. Good point! When we are not a network person, it is not a big deal to know lots of social media tools. But now I am turning into a Network person. When I sit on a bus, wait for someone, or feel alone or exhausted, I always check the news for my friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Wechat, and watch funny videos. Wasting hours on Facebook is not gonna happen for me, too. I just check it for like one or two minutes.
    I agree with you that it’s good for us to know about those possibilities, and how we can use them. But I would not recommend you to train yourself to integrate into your daily routine. I think you will use it when you naturally feel necessary to use it. For example, when you join an online international community you are interested, you will absolutely feel necessary to use web 2.0 tools.

    ReplyDelete