Friday, July 3, 2015

Web 2.0 Learning Curve


Thank goodness for this class Web 2.0 that is pushing me out of my comfort zone into the 21st century.  I have now taken my first steps onto the blog learning curve and am officially "clueless."  I have set up this blog and am following other blogs via Hootsuite.

These two baby steps have been fraught with stumbles.  For example, I wrestled with whether I should link to my standard e-mail address or with a dedicated e-mail address.  How do I get images into this blog directly with the Hootsuite Hootlet app?  Why can't I follow WordPress pages like I can follow Blogger pages just fine.  

I expect to progress to the "Naively Confident" stage over the next six weeks and then will continue this journey on my own.  Thank you "Web 2.0" for pushing me in the pool; I swear I'll learn to swim.
Image from:  https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj3YQQsaDSob9iqxpm_TwlRYtxz3g7fe3GUHT3ZLS5vJm-EpWC358EoR2vSJa90qAuJszVLoUgoaBqJKoTP6I8EEq644c8DOv2o3wRJAKvYjZmcESdcip_L7Pqn1CuzDZibq0AN3eu8NMKE/s1600/Learning-Curve.png

5 comments:

  1. Not sure why you're having a problem following WP blogs, but I'd be happy to share my .opml file (the feeds) from this class so you could import it once it is a complete file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite parts of this course is sharing our ideas and thoughts after we try new tools. You can create a new gmail account with a pseudonym for this course and use it whenever you sign up any tool during this summer. And after this course is over, you can delete your accounts of the tools you will not use. Feel free to go out and try new things for you. We don't have to love all the tools and find good practices for everything. Let's see... what tools we like and why at the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm determined to make this work. I've had the LeaderLibrarian twitter handle and web domain for years and simply never did anything with them because I didn't know where to start. By golly, its time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Michelle,
    I have the same feeling about this course helping walk out of my comfort zone. I never had a blog before, although I knew it long long before. I have accounts of Chinese social media but seldom post things. And I knew Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, but I did not really use them.
    Thanks to the course, I begin actually to use them. And when beginning to use them, I found many things new to me and it bring about some new angles of view to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll take this roller coaster journey together!

    ReplyDelete