Sunday, July 5, 2015

Reflections on the Social Media Juggling Act

As I mentioned in my first ever blog post earlier this week, I am new to social media.  Due to an amazing class, Web 2.0, eme6414 with Vanessa Dennan, I am launching like a crash test dummy into the modern world.  This week, I:

  • Blogger - Started this blog
  • Twitter - Sent my first tweet and explored Twitter searches
  • Social Networks- Updated my Facebook and LinkedIn accounts and have been activity participating
  • Communities - Decided to follow professional development communities in LinkedIn and Edmodo 


So how do I feel after the first week?

I am very concerned about the amount of time social media requires to stay current. Hootsuite helps a lot, but it doesn't appear to get feeds from Edmodo and the reddit feed is quirky.  Until I iron out the kinks, I am still going to need to have several tabs open to monitor everything.

I am grateful this class is pushing me to establish efficiency procedures for social media.  Stay posted as I share those tips in the next few weeks.  I would love to hear your comments as well.

Stay "In Touch,"
Michelle

6 comments:

  1. Hi Leader Librarian,

    My friends affectionately call me the "Tab Lady" because I always have a plethora of tabs open in my browser. I, too, will keep some tabs open for this class. I keep my communities that I follow in my favorites bar along with my blackboard class. Looking forward to learning from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have a lot of tabs, too. I don't know another way ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good. I am glad to hear I'm not the only one with a crazy line of tabs. I'm going to keep searching though for a better way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now I have 9 tabs open!! It's absolutely ridiculous but I'm a good multi tasker. I also have a cat laying across my chest, a dog nestled up next to me and an adult offspring being a pain in my neck...... What's missing is a glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right now I have 9 tabs open!! It's absolutely ridiculous but I'm a good multi tasker. I also have a cat laying across my chest, a dog nestled up next to me and an adult offspring being a pain in my neck...... What's missing is a glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete